Viva Connections is part of Viva Employee Experience platform. It helps promote communication across the workplace, all from one central location. This article will show you how to quickly add your home site portal as a Viva connection app into Microsoft Teams.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN EXISTING SHAREPOINT HOME SITE IN YOUR TENANT, CREATE ONE VIA THE STEP BELOW –
1. Open SharePoint Admin Centre > Active sites
2. Select any site you want to convert it to Home Site, you will see an option in the command bar like Change Home Site as shown in Fig 1.1
3. Select Change Home site, a panel will open where you will be asked to add your communication site URL.
4. Convert to Home Site as shown in Fig 1.2
5. Ensure global left navigation is enabled in your communication site
SETTING UP VIVA CONNECT
- Go to Teams Admin center
- Navigate to Teams Apps > Manage Apps as shown in Fig 1.3
3. Click on manage apps and search Viva Connection. You will find Viva Connections app, with status as Blocked (Microsoft Default)
4. Select the Viva Connections app and click Allow from the top command bar. The status will be changed to Allowed as shown in Fig 1.4.
5. To customise your Viva Connections app. Select the app and click the customise from the top command bar as shown in Fig 1.5
6. Open Microsoft Teams and search Viva Connections (as shown in Fig 1.6)
7. As shown in Fig 1.7, Your home site is up and running in your Viva Connections app and Microsoft Teams app.
Your Viva connections app is now set up in your Microsoft Teams from Microsoft Teams Admin centre.